From Head to Toe
Welcome Back! Sean Here – I hope you enjoyed our body exercises last time. Becoming aware of our bodies and our touch can be an interesting and enriching experience. Our bodies are both our „temples and our „playgrounds“. Therefore we are also encouraged to play with/in and enjoy our bodies as well.
I touch myself
In this vein, we are going to go through a touching exercise. We are going to be activily touching and passively being touched over our entire bodies. We can go though the exercise playfully and with self-love. You can be comfortably dressed or undressed. It is all up to you! I would suggest reading through the entire exercise before starting. Then, go for it! Be affectionate to you:
- We are going to start out standing or sitting confortably.
- Place your hands on the top of your head.
- Lay them there and close your eyes.
- Feel your crown, your hair, your hands.
- Feel your hands on your head.
- Caress, pat or reposition your hands on your head.
- Do this with more and less pressure;
- add some pressure and lighten the pressure a few times.
What do you feel on your head and in your hands? Do you like the way it feels?
- Now touch your face.
- Your forehead, your nose,
- Caress your cheeks and your jaw and your chin.
- Lay your hands flat, feel them, let them feel you.
- Let your fingers trace and explore your face.
- Adjust the pressure from light to firm and back again. How does all of this feel: in your hands, on your fingers and on your face.
How does all of this feel: in your hands, to your fingers and on your face?
- Clasp your fingers around the back of your neck.
- Hold your hands to your neck.
- Loosen your fingers and cares your neck and throat.
- Slide your hands around your throat and neck from the base of your skull to your shoulders, from your collar bone up to your chin.
What do you feel on your neck, your throat. How do you feel in your hands? Do you like it? Do you enjoy your own touch? The way you feel.
- Lay your hands on your chest.
- Let your fingers touch your chest, your nipples.
- Run them over your chest, across, under your arms into your armpits.
- Rub them over your shoulders,
- Along your arms down to your elbows, fore arms and your hands.
- Let your hands move back up along your wrists, fore arms elbows, shoulders and back to your chest.
How does all of this feel: in your hands, to your fingers and on your chest, arms and hands? Are you enjoying the affection?
- Let your hands travel from your chest to our belly.
- Rub your belly.
- Let your hands flow around your belly
- Move them up and down your flank from your ribs to your hips.
- Let your hands flow to your lower back.
- Run them along your hips.
- Trace your fingers across your upper thighs and into your lap.
- Caress your legs and touch your pelvis.
- Let your hands rest in your lap.
How does all of this feel: in your hands, to your fingers and on your belly, your lower back and in your lap. Do you like your touch? Do you like being touched? Are you enjoying the affection? How do you feel to yourself?
- Move your hands along your inner thighs to your knees.
- Trace your fingers and hand around your knee.
- Glide them behind your knees.
- Slide along your outer thigh up to your buttom/buttocks.
What do you feel on your legs, knees, bottom, and in your hands? Do you like the way this feels?
- Run your hands back down the back/side of your legs to your calves.
- Caress your claves, your shins.
- Hold your Ankles.
- Sit or lie down.
- Take one foot in your hand.
- Rub your foot.
- Trace your heal and toes with your fingers.
- Touch the top of your foot.
- Release and Relax.
Take a moment and reflect on your experience, your thoughts and feeling.
(The lists, exercises, and these blog-lessons are maintained in a google and family friendly format. For more information, vocabulary, more intimate or direct language, please contact me.)
I hope your exploration and excursion along your body was adventurous and a pleasure. If anything was uncomfortable or tense, you can try the entire exercise or just one section more slowly. You can also try being firmer or gentler with your touch. Have fun and play with yourself. 🙂
It would be great to hear your thoughts. Have a great day.
This is Sean signing off. Till next time.
Our earlier Blog-Lessons –1–2–3–4–5–6–7–8–9–10–11–12–13–14–15–16–17–18–19 –20 –21–22